There has been a significant increase over the past decade in people installing and enjoying wood burning and other solid fuel stoves. But with every appliance installed there needs to be the knowledge that proper maintenance of the chimney or flue should not be viewed as optional.
Neglecting to have your chimney swept can have consequences that range from reduced efficiency, to a chimney or house fire, or a carbon monoxide leak – allowing soot or other deposits to accumulate brings a very real risk for you and your family.
The good news…
- Chimney sweeps are readily available to clean your chimney across Oxford and the UK.
- Most chimneys only need attention a maximum of 4 times a year, keeping your flue in top condition still represents a great return.
- Professional sweeps accredited by the NACS (National Association of Chimney Sweeps) will provide an expert service with minimal mess and inconvenience.
- Keeping your home and family safe, and your stove burning well is a quick and easy process.
How often does my chimney need sweeping?
The frequency with which you’ll need to get the chimney sweeps in depends on your appliance and what you burn. At 1st Choice we recommend, per annum:
- Once for smokeless fuel
- Twice for coal
- Up to four times for wood
In addition to making sure your chimney is clear and is allowing smoke and poisonous gasses to escape safely, a chimney sweep will provide a professional eye for any other emerging problems.
A fully accredited service, such as 1st Choice Chimney Sweeps, may provide further inspection of your chimney or flue using CCTV or a smoke test.
We can deal with birds’ nests and offer solutions that prevent nests from blocking your chimney again.
Get in touch if you have any questions about chimney cleaning or our services.